Metro New Orleans Therapists
Behavioral Health Counseling & Consulting
Are you looking for a therapist in the New Orleans, Metairie, and Kenner area?
If so, you’ve come to the right place!
At Behavioral Health Counseling and Consulting, we help New Orleans-area residents navigate various important phases and changes in their lives, from marriage counseling to trauma counseling and everything in between.
Get the Help You Need
Almost everyone can benefit from meeting with a counselor at some point in their life. But for many, finding a counselor they feel comfortable opening up to and feel like they can trust with very personal details can seem overwhelming.
At Behavioral Health Counseling and Consulting, our counselors work diligently to build an instant rapport with our clients:
- We provide our clients with a relaxing environment in which they can feel comfortable and let their guard down.
- Our counseling staff is highly-professional, extremely-ethical and always keeps the information you share in your counseling sessions confidential – unless you sign a release allowing your counselor to discuss your sessions with a third party.
- We work on creating a personalized counseling plan for you, so your sessions are laser-focused on what’s going to be most beneficial for you.
- We welcome your feedback if you don’t feel like you’re “clicking” with your counselor. Whether we suggest you transfer to another counselor in our practice, or we think it’s best to refer you out to a licensed clinical psychotherapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the New Orleans area, your comfort with your counselor is our number one priority.
In summary, our counselors are dedicated professionals from a variety of backgrounds, training, and experiences. We take great care to get to know you as an individual so that you can be empowered to make positive changes in your life. Our approach is simple: Help you build a life worth celebrating!
Reasons New Orleans Residents Seek Us Out for Counseling
There are a variety of reasons that New Orleans residents come to us for regular counseling sessions. These include:
- Feeling like you’re “stuck” in your current life stage and not knowing what you want to do next, or knowing where you want to go in the future but being unsure of what the next steps are to achieve your goal.
- Feeling stressed out from everyday life, whether that be work, your family responsibilities, your finances, or a combination of these common life stressors.
- Desiring marriage counseling to improve your marriage and communication with your spouse, or to get professional help when dealing with a rough patch in your marriage.
- Coming in for pre-marital counseling with your future spouse so you two can communicate about important life issues that will affect your marriage which you may not have thought about yet at this point in your relationship.
- Seeking out counseling after experiencing trauma, whether the traumatizing event was recent or from your childhood.
- Grief counseling after the loss of a family member or close friend.
- Wanting counseling to develop coping strategies for a mental health condition, such as depression or anxiety.
Take the Next Step in Achieving Wellness
As counselors, we understand that some people who would benefit from our services have an initial fear of signing up for this form of mental health treatment. That’s why we work so hard to make your entire experience with us – from the moment you call to inquire about our services to your last counseling session with us once you “graduate” – as comfortable as possible.
We’ve created a variety of ways that you can get to know us, and contact us as well.
First, you can review our website to learn more about us and the services we offer. Second, we have an online contact page so you can reach out to us with any questions, and we’ll promptly respond by email. Finally, you’re always welcome to call us to learn more about our practice or schedule an appointment at (504) 302-7771.