Therapists IN NEW ORLEANS
When you come to our practice for counseling services you can expect to be matched with a licensed therapist.
Experienced Therapists in New Orleans
Are you looking for a licensed professional counselor in the New Orleans area? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
At Behavioral Health Counseling and Consulting, our mental health professionals – which include licensed professional counselors, LPCs for short – help New Orleans and Metairie-area residents navigate various important phases and changes in their lives and achieve positive changes, from marriage counseling to trauma counseling to relationship issues to family counseling and everything in between. Rather than searching for family therapists in private practice, our New Orleans and Metairie counseling center allows you to be matched with one of our counselors who will best suit your unique needs.
Full-Service Therapy in New Orleans
Get the Mental Health Help You Need from Licensed Professional Counselors at Our New Orleans Counseling Practice
Almost everyone in Louisiana can benefit from meeting with a licensed professional counselor at some point in their life. But for many, finding a counselor they feel comfortable opening up to and feel like they can trust with very personal details can seem overwhelming.
At Behavioral Health Counseling and Consulting, our licensed professional counselors work diligently to build an instant rapport with our clients:
- Comfortable and let their guard down.
- Our counseling staff is highly-professional, extremely-ethical and always keeps the information you share in your counseling sessions confidential – unless you sign a release allowing your counselor to discuss your sessions with a third party.
- We work on creating a personalized counseling plan for you, so your sessions are laser-focused on what’s going to be most beneficial for you.
In summary, our counselors are dedicated professionals from a variety of backgrounds, training, and experiences. We take great care to get to know you as an individual so that you can be empowered to make positive changes in your life. Our approach is simple: Help you build a life worth celebrating!
Family Therapists in New Orleans
Reasons New Orleans Residents Seek Us Out for Counseling Including Family Counseling and Mental Health Help
There are a variety of reasons that New Orleans and Metairie residents come to us for regular counseling sessions with our mental health professionals. These include:
- Feeling like you’re “stuck” in your current life stage and not knowing what you want to do next, or knowing where you want to go in the future but being unsure of what the next steps are to achieve your goal and boost your self-esteem.
- Feeling stressed out from everyday life, whether that be work, your family responsibilities, your finances, or a combination of these common life stressors.
- Desiring marriage counseling for relationship issues and relationship problems to improve your marriage and communication with your spouse, or to get professional help when dealing with a rough patch in your marriage.
- Coming in for pre-marital counseling with your future spouse so you two can communicate about important life issues that will affect your marriage which you may not have thought about yet at this point in your relationship.
- Seeking out counseling after experiencing trauma, whether the traumatizing event was recent or from your childhood.
- Grief counseling after the loss of a family member or close friend.
- Needing family counseling to help to resolve a variety of family conflicts, including separations and divorces which are often best processed through family therapy sessions.
- Wanting counseling to develop coping strategies for a mental health condition, such as common mental health issues like depression or anxiety.
- Needing assistance with stopping negative thought patterns to achieve positive changes in how you think and feel.
- Continued counseling after overcoming a substance abuse or issue.
Whatever your unique mental health needs, we customize our treatment plans to fit what will best benefit you and support your emotional well-being. Our counseling process is always tailored to your unique situation.
Reasons New Orleans Residents Trust Our Therapists for Counseling
There are a variety of reasons that New Orleans residents come to us for regular counseling sessions. These include:
Feeling like you’re “stuck” in your current life stage and not knowing what you want to do next, or knowing where you want to go in the future but being unsure of what the next steps are to achieve your goal.
Feeling stressed out from everyday life, whether that be work, your family responsibilities, your finances, or a combination of these common life stressors.
Focus Is On Helping
Desiring marriage counseling to improve your marriage and communication with your spouse, or to get professional help when dealing with a rough patch in your marriage.
Coming in for pre-marital counseling with your future spouse so you two can communicate about important life issues that will affect your marriage which you may not have thought about yet at this point in your relationship.
Personalized Counseling Plan
Seeking out counseling after experiencing trauma, whether the traumatizing event was recent or from your childhood.
Grief counseling after the loss of a family member or close friend.
Wanting counseling to develop coping strategies for a mental health condition, such as depression or anxiety.
Mental Health Therapy in New Orleans
Take the Next Step in Achieving Positive Changes and Emotional Well-Being
As counselors, we understand that some people who would benefit from our services have an initial fear of signing up for this form of mental health treatment. That’s why we work so hard to make your entire experience with us – from the moment you call to inquire about our services to your last counseling session with us once you “graduate” – as comfortable as possible.
We’ve created a variety of ways that you can get to know us, and contact us as well. And we’re currently accepting new clients and can accept certain health insurance plans, based on your health insurance counseling benefits.
First, you can review our website to learn more about us and the services we offer. Second, we have an online contact page so you can reach out to us with any questions, and we’ll promptly respond by email. Finally, you’re always welcome to call us to learn more about our practice or schedule an appointment at (504) 302-7771.
What type of New Orleans therapist is right for me?
While most types of therapy have a lot in common, they also fall into clusters that share core features, such as cognitive therapies or psychodynamic approaches. It is important to seek someone who practices evidence-based therapy, meaning one or more forms of treatment that have been scientifically evaluated and tested, and demonstrate consistent improvement for a majority of patients.
If you are unsure about choosing the right therapist, it might be useful to first learn more about therapy types and modalities.
How do I choose a therapist in New Orleans?
When looking to find a therapist, it is certainly important to consider training and credentials. Studies also indicate that the therapeutic alliance, or the relationship the client develops with the therapist, is an important factor in their ability to work together to achieve the client’s goals. We have several licensed counselors for you to choose from.
What method of therapy is right for me?
When it comes to treatment methods, there’s no ‘right way.’ Each method of therapy can be beneficial for a variety of issues. Finding a psychologist or therapist who is a good fit for you is the most important step to discovering what type of therapy, or combination of therapeutic approaches, will meet your individual needs. Learn what to expect from different types of therapy and how they work.
How do I use my insurance for therapy?
Understanding cost and insurance coverage is an important concern for many people. With some basic research and conversations with potential therapists, you should be able to have a good understanding of the best way to afford therapy. Please call to see if we accept your insurance.